Though synthetic grass has become the norm for most modern households, homeowners who haven’t yet jumped on the bandwagon are lagging behind because their questions remained unanswered. If you belong to the second group, skim through the following commonly asked questions and their answers to discover the world of synthetic turf.
Q. What is Artificial Turf?
A. Artificial turf is a grass-like surface that was first developed for sports uses. However, once its benefits as a landscaping option were discovered, Astro Turf became a common choice for homeowners with hardly much time to spend on landscaping. Basically, this surface consists of a drainage layer, a backing system, manmade grass-like blades and infill. Infill is sand or granulated rubber that is used to secure the fake turf and make it more comfortable to step on.
Q. Why is Artificial Grass a More Popular Choice?
A. Fake grass is becoming the first choice of many because of the numerous benefits it has to offer, including:
- Low Maintenance – You artificial lawn can look brand new after simply washing it with water or giving it a gentle scrub with a mild detergent.
- Durability – In comparison with natural grass, artificial lawn grass can last longer and look great for years to come.
- Cost-Effectiveness – Artificial turfs are more cost effective because they need very little product and effort to look great. This means that you will only have to pay once to enjoy it for 15 years at the least.
- Performance – Unlike natural grass blades, fake grass has the ability to enhance sportsmen’s talents. For example, baseballs can bounce easily off the turf and fly faster at fielders. As for soccer players, this turf can help them pass the ball with ease and protect their ankles from common injuries.
Q. Is Synthetic Grass Expensive?
A. Having a fake turf will require a handsome investment from your side at first. However, the costs per day of utilizing this type of grass are lower than for its natural counterpart. Just think about the maintenance costs, fertilizer and pesticide expenses, and other payments you will be saving on the long run. Besides, the biggest cost you will be saving is that of harming your environment since synthetic turfs are eco-friendly.
Q. Is Fake Turf Safe?
A. Many believe that a synthetic lawn may not be safe because it isn’t natural. However, credible research groups have ascertained that this surfacing option is completely safe for humans and pets. In fact, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the California Environmental Protection Agency and New York State Department of Health agree that there are no significant health concerns related to artificial grass. Fake turfs are also safe because they don’t allow insects to inhabit them and they require no chemicals to remain healthy.
Q. Will I Ever Be Able to Grow Trees and Shrubs Later on?
A. If you have a green thumb which you like to exercise from time to time, you may be concerned about growing trees, flowers and shrubs later. However, you can always cut a section of artificial turf to plant whatever you please.
If you have more questions on artificial lawns, a reliable landscaping company or fake turf producer will welcome you and provide you with answers. So, don’t let a few questions stand between you and the perfect lawn you’ve always wanted.
Share this post
- Tags: arena football turf, artificial lawn turfs, Economics of Synthetic Turf, playgrounds, synthetic grass, Synthetic Turf Hitting Mats