You need to follow a cautious route towards soccer turf installation. It is important to do that as otherwise you may end up with a botched installation. One thing is for sure though. You will need to focus entirely on artificial turf as the days of natural grass are long over. It will be a costly and painful job of keeping up the natural grass. It is thus better to stick to fake grass for your soccer field.
1. Do the Math You will need to do the math before installing the soccer turf. This includes a detailed planning phase where you need to look at the cost and benefits of the installation. Before that, you should look into the money you are spending on maintaining the current natural turf. A simple math will reveal that you spend a significant amount of money on the maintenance and re-plantation of natural grass. You need a replacement and that should come in the form of a fake turf. The next step will be the calculation of costs of installation of synthetic turf.
2. Cost of Installation The cost of installation of soccer turf is relatively higher than natural grass. This is a one time expenditure though as you will not need to spend anything on it during the next few years. The cost of installation includes the expenditure on creating a base structure that comprises of gravel and drainage pipes. The gravel is used to provide a stable surface to synthetic turf and the drainage pipes help in taking the moisture from the top layer to the sewage channels. The fake grass comes in the form of carpet-like rolls or square patches that can be attached together with the help of hooks and nails.
3. Type of Turf It is more important to focus on the type of soccer turf you want to install at your facility. Although there are many varieties of fake grass, it is recommended that you choose one that is specifically made for the sport. These varieties have that special advantage where they can provide excellent playing surface unlike traditional fake turf that may not be as good.
4. Maintenance It is always a good idea to keep the maintenance in mind while selecting a fake turf. It is better to choose those varieties of fake turf that require little maintenance procedures. This will remove those frail varieties from the list that need daily watering. A sturdy and thick layer of artificial grass that only needs watering once or twice a week and little care is ideal for soccer fields.
5. Long-term Costs a good soccer turf is one that does not drain you of resources. Choosing a synthetic turf will cut your expenses significantly and selecting a specific variety tailor made for soccer arenas will be even better. The only spending will be on the installation and you can use the same turf for many seasons. It is thus a good idea to keep the long-term costs in mind while planning the installation.
Share this post
- Tags: artificial lawn turfs, Athletic Field Turf, Environmental Benefits of Synthetic Turf, fake grass, laying artificial turf, playgrounds